In accordance with Home & Community Care (HACC) guidelines, the client target group will include:
- Frail aged
- Younger disabled
- People with specials needs:
- People from non-English speaking background
- People with dementia and mental health problems
- People of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.
However, Cairns Meals on Wheels provides a food delivery service and can therefore deliver to anyone.
A Simple Checklist
- Do you live or work in our delivery area?
- Will you be at home or work during our delivery times (11.00am – 1pm)?
- Do you enjoy delicious, nutritionally balanced meals at a reasonable cost?
- Do you ever get tired after a long day and can't be bothered to cook your evening meal and end up eating toast? (This can of course be avoided by ordering a few frozen meals which are delivered in a microwave / oven safe container and can be ready in as little as 20 mins)
- Can you pay in cash on delivery or pre-pay online via Direct deposit or through Centrepay?
If you can answer YES to these questions then give us a call and start enjoying quality meals tomorrow.
Please Note: Deadline for meals to be delivered the following day is 10am for new clients.