Cairns & FNQ
Home Delivered Meals
What We Deliver
Cooked Fresh Daily
Dairy Free Options
Gluten Free Options
Minced or Pureed Meals
Where We Deliver To
Who We Deliver To
Anyone – Young or Old
The Caring Volunteer Service
We support our community.
Volunteers are the foundation of any not-for-profit organisation and at Meals on Wheels it is no different.
We require approximately 30 per day to enable us to run effectively.
Meals on Wheels Services are represented by the largest volunteer workforce of any voluntary organisation in Queensland – approximately 14,000 throughout the State.
Services are provided by:
- Kitchen Helpers – required each day (Monday to Friday) to help prepare and pack the meals;
- Drivers (with own car) – required each day (Monday to Friday) to deliver the midday meal;
- Drivers (without car) – we have 3 Meals on Wheels vehicles which are available if required;
- Deliverer – required each day (Monday to Friday) to travel with the driver and to personally deliver the meal to the client. You could make up a team with a neighbour, relative or friend;
- Emergency Helpers – these people are required to “fill in” when necessary; and
- Members or Office Bearer of a local Meals on Wheels Committee.